Tuesday, January 30, 2007

So, It's A Few Days Late, But This Weekend Was TOTALLY Blogworthy!


Alright, I guess I should explain myself before I go off on my weekend recap blog. First of all, there was no blog Sunday because I was recovering. There was no blog on Monday because I was getting sick again. So that leaves now as the best time to blog about this weekend. Should I be doing homework? Probably. In fact, I should be doin' my homework for my JRNL 310 class and my POLS 352I class, both have paper assignments due on Thursday. But that can wait 'til later tonight. Well, let's get crackin' on the weekend recap blog.

First of all, I'd like to say this is (probably) the first weekend since the weekend my friends came down from Chicago in which I had uber-amounts of fun on both Friday night and Saturday night. That's the key to my weekends, two consecutive nights of happy thoughts. Usually it's either one or the other. In actuality, it's usually Lu being pissed off on Friday and then having a good Saturday.

Friday was pretty sweet, I must say. I napped most of the afternoon/evening after taking some meds, but after I woke up my roommate Steven and I went to Moe's. Moe's is a fast-food Mexican joint from the South that comes with lotsa acclaim. I had to check it out for myself and it definitely lived up to its billing. I had a basket of nachos engulfed with steak, cheese, salsa, black beans; it truly was amazing. After that we walked (yes, walked) to Gatsby's to shoot some pool and have a few drinks. There we saw a whole slew of people that we knew. We saw a buncha people we lived with on Floor 14 of Mae Smith over the last two years. We even saw our RA from last year who encouraged us to party it up with her when we were done with pool cuz, well, we could now cuz she's not our RA anymore. Actually, she heads a residence hall of 300 girls at Ole Miss. I dunno about you, but that sounds like my dream job. Where do I sign up to hang out with 300 hot Southern girls. Puts a smile on my face just thinking of it. However, when we went over there to find her and her friend, we couldn't. But I did roam around the dance floor and while I was aimlessly wandering, a really cute girl danced on me. She just randomly started dancing on me, then eventually with me. That never happens to me, ever. Unfortunately I was unable to get her name or number and I barely got my name out of my mouth when I was trying to talk to her (mostly out of shock that a cute girl is willing to dance with me lol) but yeah, that was fun while it lasted. When I told my roommie's, they were proud of me. Baby steps for Lu.

With a happy Friday out of the way, Saturday couldn't disappoint. It didn't, even though SIU did struggle in the first half of their game against ISU, they pulled ahead in the second half with masterful defense and shooting 64% in the second half of play. Later that evening, it was off to Pinch's Polar Bear Party. Basically it's Corona's for $1.50 and everyone drinks in the cold outside in the beer garden. It was my first Polar Bear and I had so much fun, I wish that every weekend could be a Polar Bear weekend. Heck, I even got sprayed in the face with a Corona by a football player (dude was huge) and I didn't flip and neither than he, instead we struck up a conversation about the Bears and the Cubs (I was wearing my Bears NFC North Division Championship Hat and my Cubs hoodie.) I also cut my hand on the wall, totally weird how that turned out. And then I saw one of my favorite SIU basketball players at the bar, Jamaal Tatum, and I just had to have a picture with him so I went up to him and asked him if I could have a picture with him. He didn't object, he seemed kinda enthused (though I'm sure other drunk Saluki fans made the same request throughout the night) but yeah, that totally made my night. Oh and I spent a lot of the night dancing with this girl who's a suitemate of a friend of mine. And though she told me she had a boyfriend and all I said a night of dancing isn't gonna hurt anyone and she agreed so we danced, a lot. Heck, I even sang Justin Timberlake's "My Love" when dancing with her when it came on over the speakers. I'm proud cuz I remembered every fucking word for once. That's my next trick, is to make a drunk dial and sing "My Love" to some girl. That'll be fun, 'cuz of course I'm trying to incorporate drunk singing with drunk dialing to add some spice to drunk dialing.

That was it, that was my totally awesome weekend. I still can't believe that through all of that I'm still happy about this weekend. Usually, when I have a weekend where I can't even speak to a girl, and then dance with a girl all night who has a boyfriend, I usually come back to the apartment sad, depressed, angry and in the mood to throw chairs and hit beds with baseball bats. Nope, not this weekend. The consensus is that everyone likes "Happy Lu." I like him too, it's good to have him back!

Picture Caption: Me & JT3....he totally rocks! Go Dawgs! Bring another MVC Championship home to The 'Dale!!!

No comments: