Saturday, December 04, 2004
Things I am Learning...
After you've dranken enough, all the alcohol tastes the same.
When you are a college students and you are a guy you're in a tough situation. You either want to get with every girl non-stop, or you want a serious relationship. That is the two opposite ends of the spectrum there. That is the situation I am in, I am the kind of guy that wants to get into a serious relationship, but since thats not falling through you move to plan B...but what happens if plan B falls through.
College students partake in the most expensive habits and then complain about being broke. Drinking, Smoking and Starbucks. Man, if Starbucks wasn't so damn expensive, paying $5 to get into Cherry Pit, $1 for a shot, $2 for mixed drinks and $3 for mixed frozen drinks wouldn't be that bad. But no, its $5 for a strawberries and cream frappuccino, $1.75 for a carmel-fudge brownie. Smoking is expensive unless you go to Indiana, but thats so much harder when you're not in Chicago and Gary Indiana is right across the bridge.
Drinking isn't the problem, but thinking is. Thinking can get you in just as much trouble as drinking can.
College girls are major problems. They complain that they want equal rights, but then complain when they are handed responsibility. They complain that they want to be in major relationships but then they go sleepin around. They complain that they are called bitches, hoes and sluts. But then they go screaming up a storm because one hair is out of place and then go screwing everyone on the dormitory floor. They complain about all of the stereotypes that are given to college girls, but then they fit all of them. Its like self-fullfilling prophecy. But hey thats college, crazy shit happens.
News and Sports
News reports out of Colombia reported that Colombian rebels were planning to assassinate President Bush, but that the rebels had nothing to say about it. Did you really expect them to say anything, really? Did you really expect for rebels to reveal their plans to the whole world when it came to assassinating the leader of the free world. "Hi, we are planning to assassinate President Bush Friday December 3rd at 1:23 pm Eastern Standard Time while he is eating at Taco Bell at 1234 Drug Deal Drive. Jose will be our sniper at the Taco Burrito Queen across the street. Our operatives include the Taco Bell manager Don Juan, the waitress Maria and me, Don Papi." Yeah, didn't think so. Them hispaniks iz knot ass stoopid az u wood theenk.
Steriod Watch is on now. Giambi came out of the closet, Bonds admitted but said he didn't know he was using it. So who's next? I'm going with Jim Edmonds, who has Cali roots as a former Anaheim Angel. He never hit more than 30 HRs and was never healthy in Anaheim. He goes to St. Louis all of a sudden he hits 40 HRs, he's steriod man. Sammy Sosa, nah, he used them Flintstone vitamins. Don't know about you, but I used Flintstones at 5, not 35. But hey maybe hes catching up on what he didn't have as a kid.
Notre Dame football is now on the bottom of the list of respectable football programs. They fire Tyrone Willingham after 3 years of his 6 year term after going 21-15, 6-5 and a bowl game. They try to hire their guy in Utah who has an out clause to come to ND. But he ditches them to go to Florida and now ND is caught with their pants down with rampant rumors of racism (firing their first and only black coach to possibly hire a white coach after the black coach finishes with a winning record.)
If #1 USC loses to UCLA, #2 Oklahoma loses to Colorado in the Big 12 Championship game and #3 Auburn loses to #15 Tennessee in the SEC title game, that would leave Utah and Boise State as the only two undefeated teams in college football. And guess what, they wouldn't get the national title bid would they. So who would? California, Texas & Louisville all have only one loss. Louisville has the best offense in college football while Texas has arguably one of the top defenses and top rushing offenses. And California is the only team in the last 2 years to beat USC.
Who is the best team in college basketball? #3 University of Illinois beat #1 Wake Forest. Kansas was a pre-season favorite and is the #2 team in the country. Duke is always up there, the defending national champs are still undefeated. Syracuse is still good and young and North Carolina is the most dangerous open court team in the country...so who's #1?
Well, thats it for now, time to eat. I think, I'm starving, gotta go find food.
Thursday, December 02, 2004
Wednesday, December 01, 2004
Monday, November 29, 2004
Top 5 Rappers
- 2 Pac
Top 5 Movies
- The Fugitive
- The Sandlot
- The Godfather
- The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
- Star Wars
Top 5 Underrated or Underappreciated Rappers
- Kanye West
- Talib Kweli
- Big Punisher
Top 5 Musicians (Non-rap)
- The Temptations
- Michael Jackson (1980s)
- The Rolling Stones
- Marvin Gaye
Top 5 Chicago Sports Stars of My Life Time
- Michael Jordan
- Walter Payton
- Ryne Sandberg
- Greg Maddux
- Mike Singletary
Top 5 Sports Stars of Today
- Michael Vick
- Mark Prior
- Kevin Garnett
- Derek Jeter
- Tie: Brian Urlacher, Ray Lewis
10 Artists I Would Like To Work With If I Ever Made It Big In Music
- 2 pac, Biggie, Big Pun (the best of the dead rappers)
- Marvin Gaye (to write the greatest love song of all time)
- Kanye West, Twista, Shawnna, Common, Billy Corgan, Disturbed (Chi-town's Finest)
- The Rolling Stones (the greatest band of all time)
- Jay-Z, Nas, Jadakiss, Mase, Diddy, 50 Cent(The Best New York has to offer)
- Usher (The best R&B has to offer today)
- Mariah Carey, Lil Kim, Missy Elliott
- Grand Master Flash
- Ludacris, T.I., Ying Yang Twins, Young Buck, Scarface (The best of the south)
10 Producers I want producing my album
- Lil Jon
- Kanye West
- The Alchemist
- Rick Rubin
- Just Blaze
- Quincy Jones
- Dr. Dre
- The Neptunes
- Grand Master Flash
Top 5 Best Chicago Sports Teams of My Lifetime
- The 1996-97 Chicago Bulls (72-10, MJ, Scottie, Phil and The Worm surrounded by the greatest supportting cast since the 1992 Bulls)
- 1989 Chicago Cubs (Division Champs Upset by the Giants, Cubs fans hate California teams)
- 2001 Chicago Bears (Best Bears team since '85 just couldn't beat Chi-town's best QB)
- 1992 Chicago Bulls (The best TEAM from top to bottom. Everyone was clutch: MJ, Scottie, Ho Grant, Paxson, BJ and The Role Squad)
- 2004 Chicago Cubs (Even though they won absolutely nothing, the talent on that team, if completely healthy-mentally and physically, was the most dangerous team in baseball. Alou, Patterson, Sosa, Ramirez, Nomar and D. Lee could all hit 30 HRs with 100 RBI. Maddux, Prior, Wood, Zambrano could've all won 20 games and mentally strong Kyle Farnsworth with his 100 MPH fastball, 80 MPH breaking ball, and that new cutter that he learned from Maddux would be the most dominating closer in team history)
Top 5 Worse Chicago Sports Teams of My Lifetime
- The 1997 Chicago Cubs (0-13! 0-and-fucking-13..."Cubs win...Party on Chicago." got a certain play-by-play commentator-Josh Lewin-fired the next year.)
- The 1999 Chicago Bulls (When Tim Floyd is your coach, you've just dropped the greatest dynasty in Chicago history and your best player is Brent Barry, its not gonna be a good year)
- The 1997 White Sox (4 Words: White Flag Trade, QUITTERS)
- The Blackhawks (even though no one cares, hockey used to be loved in the Chi, now, who knows what hockey is)
- 1998/2000 Chicago Bears: Wannstedt's last team couldn't do anything right. Jauron's 2nd team quit and it all started with Cade McClownass and Curtis Penis
Top 5 TV Shows
- The Simpsons
- Family Guy
- Tie: Law and Order and Family Matters
Top 10 Hip-Hop Songs of all-time
- The Message- Grand Master Flash
- Gangsta's Paradise- Coolio
- Hit Em Up- 2 Pac
- Jesus Walks- Kanye West
- Stan- Eminem
- Killing Me Softly- The Fugees
- Parents Just Don't Understand- The Fresh Prince
- 99 Problems- Jay-Z
- Gin and Juice- Snoop Doggy Dogg
- Crossroads- Bone Thugs and Harmony
Top 10 Rock Songs
- Jailhouse Rock-Elvis Presley
- Back in Black- AC/DC
- Rock You Like A Hurricane- The Scorpions
- Let's Spend the Night Together- The Rolling Stones
- Born in the USA- Bruce Springstein
- Dammitt- Blink 182
- Enter Sandman- Metallica
- Counterfeit- Limp Bizkit
- Crazy Train- Ozzy Osbourne
- Iron Man- Black Sabbath
Top 5 Songs of All Time
- Thriller- Michael Jackson
- Rappers Delight- Sugar Hill Gang
- Hells bells- AC/DC
- Hound Dog- Elvis
- Sweet Home Chicago- The Blues Brothers
Top 5 Worse Movies
- Never Been Kissed
- Major Leage: Back to the Minors
- Like Mike
- Home Alone 3
Top 5 Best Sports Moments of My Lifetime
- Michael Jordan's Last Shot as a Chicago Bull (1998 NBA Finals-Game 6 Winner)
- Young-to-Owens 1998 49ers eliminate Packers in comeback fashion
- Joe Carter Wins the 1993 World Series with Walk-off Home Run
- The Drive-John Elway's 98 yard drive against the Browns
- 1993 UNC beats Michigan
Top 5 Best Chicago Sports Moments
- The Shot-Jordan switches in mid-air over the Lakers
- Cubs win Game 163 to reach the playoffs
- Mike Brown's back-to-back game winning interceptions
- Bo Jackson Sends the Sox to the playoffs in 1993 (Even though I hate the Sox, Bo Jackson is one of my favorite athletes of all time)
- The Cubs beat the Cardinals 4 out of 5 in the 1st week of September to eliminate them
Top 5 Worst Chicago Sports Moments
- The Bulls Get Broken Up
- The Bartman Incident and the Ensuing losses of Games 6 and 7
- Bears Pass Up Moss/Culpepper/Portis in the draft (Enis/McNown/Colombo)
- Cubs win 2 games in final week of 2004 season, lose out on Wild Card Berth
- Bulls lose to Orlando in Eastern Conference Finals (Jordan embarrassed in comeback year by the cocky fags of Orlando Nick "The Dick" Anderson, Anfernee (Don't Call me Anthony) "I'm not worth a Penny" Hardaway and Shaq's big fat black ass
Top 10 Hottest Chicks of today
- Halle Berry
- Jenny McCarthy
- Denise Richards
- Lindsay Lohan
- Angelina Jolie
- Charlize Theron
- Shania Twain
- Jessica Simpson
- Carmen Electra
- Julia Roberts
- Kirsten Dunst
- Gretchen Wilson
- Paris Hilton
- Jennifer Garner
Nickname: Lou, The Rican
Hometown: Chicago, IL
Race/Ethnicity: Puerto Rican
Occupation: Student (Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, Freshman)
This is my first blog. I'd like to start off by introducing myself. Hi, I'm Luis and I am a freshman at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. The Carbondale campus of Southern Illinois University is known as one of the most notorious party schools in the country, and with this blog I plan to take you through my life and times as often as I can. The things you will read hear are true and to protect the innocent, will secure the identities of my friends and classmates. To catch you up on my situation:
- I have a new love in my life, vodka.
- I have learned that the "Party Boy" lifestyle isn't all that it's cracked up to be (and a lot more expensive than I thought)
- If you don't have your priorities straight when you get to college, you will be realizing that you by semester you have wasted at least $7,000 on a 4 month vacation without a hotel, room service, tourist attractions, with limited food and entertainment.
- The city that the college resides in and the college itself make most of their revenue by arresting students, fining students and issuing parking tickets to students.
- When it comes to women, be careful. Don't get attatched, don't be too aggressive, yet don't fall into the infamous "friend zone."
- Drinking is all good until someone gets hurt, arrested or violent.
- In college, there's no place like home, but when you're home, there's no place like college.
- Leftovers become a good second option when you're down to your last $5 and you wanna go out and drink.
- It's not stealing, it's permanantly borrowing.
- It's not stealing until you get caught.
- Stealing music off the internet is fair game. You put out only one good song on a CD that I pay $15 for. It damn near gives me the right to take all of your other hits on your other CDs in which you only put one good song on.
- Pussy is pussy, unless it is used, abused and has something growing in it (aka STDs to be named later)
- Sleeping all day and eating once a day is not a viable diet.
- Go to class, $7,000 is a lot of money to waste not going to class because (drunk, lazy, tired, sexed out, insert other excuse here.)
- College is fun!