Saturday, April 07, 2007

Friday's Off The Wall Blog: One Day Late Edition

I'll be the first to say that I'm a little slow, but that's not why Friday's blog is a day late. I was on or around campus 'til 6 or so, then it was a combination of nap time and the Cubs game. So that's why Friday's blog didn't come. Translation: I was lazy and sleepy! But as they say, better late than never.

  • This is a combo story. I'll preface it by noting that this has all come about because rapper Tony Yayo allegedly slapped some 14-year old kid whose father happens to manage The Game, a rival rapper of Yayo and his G-Unit crew. Now that we got the propers out of the way, enter stage left rapper 50 Cent, who referred to his team of lawyers as the "J-J-J-J-J-Jew Unit." Looks like members of the Jewish community have taken offense to it, can't blame 'em. Now this week has been full of idiots making dumb racial remarks. Like Billy Packer's "fag out" comment and Don Imus' 'apology' after making some disparaging remarks about the Rutgers women's basketball team. Yeah, you can thank an over sensitive America for its reaction, but maybe you should think about what you say before you say it. Because if you think it might offend someone, then it probably will. Just a thought.
  • In more entertainment news Fergie, of Black Eyed Peas fame, admits to having lesbian experiences. That's hot! Seriously, Fergie's got this overly sexual musical thing going on. From My Humps to London Bridge, there are so many sexual references in her songs how can you not be attracted. Oh, did I mention that she's hot? She also talks about how she was raised as a "good Cathloic girl." That's what they all say. Personally I'm not surprised because you'll be surprised by how many girls over 18 "experiment" with their sexuality once they graduate high school and go to college.
  • In this week's story of irony, a pit bull dog owner bit a policeman after his encounter with the police. The cops stopped him for walking the dog without a leash. That would explain the pit bull running away during the confrontation. The dog owner is under house arrest, the dog is still missing.
  • In a story that's a bit disturbing in my eyes. Five fifth-grade students are facing criminal charges after four of the students had sex in front of a classroom full of students while the fifth student was on "look out" duties. I remember when I was in fifth grade, I still thought girls had cooties. Sex was the last thing on my mind. As the story goes, the class was 15 minutes without an instructor and then four kids just started having sex. What in the world was going though those kids minds? What possesses fifth graders to have sex during class? Who knows? Who cares? Makes for an interesting (yet disturbing) story.
FRIDAY'S FIVE. Five songs on my I-pod that got me through this week.
  1. Get Buck by Young Buck
  2. International Players Anthem by UGK featuring Outkast
  3. Rock Star by Da Shop Boyz
  4. Do Dat Heisman by Dem Heizman Boyz (not sure about the artist, but it comes with a dance)
  5. Makes Me Wonder by Maroon 5
FRIDAY'S FIVE OLD SCHOOL EDITION. I wonder when I'll run out of old school songs.
  1. Yesterday by The Beatles
  2. Tainted Love by Soft Cell
  3. Sweet Dreams by The Eurythmics
  4. Superstition by Stevie Wonder
  5. What's Love Got To Do With It? by Tina Turner

No comments: