Monday, May 28, 2007

Another Week Gone By...

...and another week full of unfulfilled promises.

I know in my last blog 8 days ago I promised new poetry, things I learned this semester, thoughts on the movie Serendipity and surprises along the way. None of those have happened. I've been busy with work and things like that.

The poetry hasn't come along for several reasons. Am I inspired? Not really, I'm finding it a little difficult to write without due dates and deadlines. However, my lack of poetry isn't because of a lack of topics. I have so much on my mind and a lot of topics to touch on. I have snippets here and there scribbled on notepads, in notebooks and on random pieces of paper. Right now I am working on a poem "Before You" which talks about my "dream girl." Then there's an untitled piece where I offer my apologies for friendships gone wrong. There are some other pieces in the works, but nothing finalized at this point. The one that is closest to being done is "Before You." And yes, I'm still working on "The Georgia Series" but right now that's at a bit of a standstill, writer's block has the best of me when it comes to that set of poems.

As for the things I've learned this semester, I've got a Top 10 list and a list of things that you (my friend/reader) should have learned this semester from this blog. The Top 10 will likely be done before any poem will.

As for the movie Serendipity, my mother loves it. She thinks that I should love it too. "It's about destiny and fate and what's meant to be..." that's where I'd cut my mother off. Is it a good movie? Intriguing is the better word. It's a total chick flick that is supposed to fool you into believing that true love is attainable. Not only that, but I think that it's messed up that they put each other through some bogus tasks to figure out if they were meant for each other. If it wasn't a movie, they could have drastically f*cked up each others lives by fooling around with the love gods. They're lucky it's a movie.

Another movie review: The Sandlot 2 was absolutely terrible. Worst movie ever, it's worse than Alpha Dog, worse than Titanic, worse than Starship Troopers....it is the worse..movie..ever! Period, paragraph, end of story. They went away from waht made the original Sandlot the greatest movie of all time. It was about tying life lessons together with America's Past Time. In Sandlot 2, the plot was terrible. The punch lines were terrible. Everything was predictably bad and it's a shame that someone thought it was a good idea to make a sequel to a movie that didn't need a sequel. Shame on them.

Music review: R. Kelly's Double Up is my second favorite album of 2007. Timbaland's Shock Value is still number one as of now, but Double Up has some serious fire and makes a great argument to be my favorite album of this year. He's got awesome guest spots from Snoop Dogg (Double Up), Nelly (Tryin' To Get A Number), Chamillionaire (Get Dirty) among other guest spots. The lead single I'm A Flirt (Remix) featuring T.I. & T-Pain is another highlight of the album. But the best track is the duet between 'Kells' and Usher 'Same Girl.' That track will probably end up being one of the 10 best songs of 2007. R. Kelly's raunchy lyrics, along with the guest appearances make this a very worthwhile album.

Alright, that's it for now. Again coming soon:
  • Poetry (maybe)
  • Top 10 Things I Learned This Semester (definitely)
  • Surprises along the way.

No comments: