Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My Announcement

Though it probably does not come as a suprise, I thought I might was well just put it out there.I'm coming back to Southern. Not just for next semester, but to finish my college experience.Not like it's breaking news, but I had to put it out there. The only reason I'm writing this is because I've been looking at schools since the end of first semester last year.

That's right, I've been looking for my own escape clause. DePaul, NIU, UIC and even some community colleges were on my list of transfer schools. But after some thinking and some conversations with advisors and such, I've come to the conclusion that I'm gonna stay at SIU and finish what I've started.Yes, it will take an extra semester, but it'll be worth it.

For the most part I'm happy here. I came here for a reason, actually a bunch of reasons. SIU has been the place I've wanted to be and will remain. Yes I get homesick. Yes I miss the peeps of the Chi. Yes sometimes SIU throws too much at me and I can't handle it. But this is what I'm here for, isn't it? I didn't wanna go through a whole new beginning, matching credits and all that crap either. But if I that wasn't an issue, I still wouldn't be leaving.I'm here for the long haul folks.

I think this only comes to a shock that I even thought about leaving. No one had any idea that I thought about leaving. Not my roommates, not my friends, not my family. No one, not even the blog!

Once again, thanks for your support and all that good stuff! It's gonna take a little more than a few rainy days to get me out of southern!

No comments: