Monday, November 29, 2004

Opening Shots

Name: Luis M.
Nickname: Lou, The Rican
Age: 18
Hometown: Chicago, IL
Race/Ethnicity: Puerto Rican
Occupation: Student (Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, Freshman)
This is my first blog. I'd like to start off by introducing myself. Hi, I'm Luis and I am a freshman at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. The Carbondale campus of Southern Illinois University is known as one of the most notorious party schools in the country, and with this blog I plan to take you through my life and times as often as I can. The things you will read hear are true and to protect the innocent, will secure the identities of my friends and classmates. To catch you up on my situation:
  • I have a new love in my life, vodka.
  • I have learned that the "Party Boy" lifestyle isn't all that it's cracked up to be (and a lot more expensive than I thought)
  • If you don't have your priorities straight when you get to college, you will be realizing that you by semester you have wasted at least $7,000 on a 4 month vacation without a hotel, room service, tourist attractions, with limited food and entertainment.
  • The city that the college resides in and the college itself make most of their revenue by arresting students, fining students and issuing parking tickets to students.
  • When it comes to women, be careful. Don't get attatched, don't be too aggressive, yet don't fall into the infamous "friend zone."
  • Drinking is all good until someone gets hurt, arrested or violent.
  • In college, there's no place like home, but when you're home, there's no place like college.
  • Leftovers become a good second option when you're down to your last $5 and you wanna go out and drink.
  • It's not stealing, it's permanantly borrowing.
  • It's not stealing until you get caught.
  • Stealing music off the internet is fair game. You put out only one good song on a CD that I pay $15 for. It damn near gives me the right to take all of your other hits on your other CDs in which you only put one good song on.
  • Pussy is pussy, unless it is used, abused and has something growing in it (aka STDs to be named later)
  • Sleeping all day and eating once a day is not a viable diet.
  • Go to class, $7,000 is a lot of money to waste not going to class because (drunk, lazy, tired, sexed out, insert other excuse here.)
  • College is fun!

No comments: