Thursday, August 10, 2006

Saying My Goodbyes

As I rose from the breakfast table I saw her eyes water, that's when I knew it was the beginning of the end. It was the beginning of the end of my last day of the well documented (well not on this blog site at least) "Summer of Chi." My grandma always gets sad when I leave, I remember when I first left for Carbondale she was insistant on that I finished school in two years, at all costs so I could get back home. She called all the time, she sent me food, the whole nine. But now, she accepts it more that I'm gone. She doesn't really know what I do at school, and that's a good thing, sometimes you just can't tell grandma that you spend your weekends drinking away your problems that are associated with women. Or tell your grandma you spent your whole night sleepless because of the loud whore down the hall. Or that you can't talk right now because you've got drunks to take care of in you room. All that said, I think my grandma has an idea of what's going on, but in her mind what she doesn't see can't and won't hurt you.
After my last breakfast with grandma I went and got my hair cut...all the way cut. It's a close cut, my mom calls it bald, but it's cool, I love my hair when it's short. Then I got home shaved, and I called the shave a moment of a fresh start. I love shaving because I feel like I'm cutting some things away.
I spent most of my avenue packing things, sealing boxes, and putting the boxes in the truck and car. As time moved forward I kept realizing my time here was coming to an end. My godmother and godbrother came to visit, and it was nice because I love my family and I love when they visit. And then Anna came to bid adieu to me.
This was a good summer. Yes, there were ups and there were downs. And even though I got a D in my summer class I've learned a lot of things. I'm excited about getting a new start at school. This should be good!

No comments: