Monday, April 23, 2007

Fun With Poetry

I realize it's been a while since I've posted some poetry. Here a few poems I've written for class. Right now, I'm also working on a set of poems tentatively called "The Georgia Series." More info to come as more poems are written.

The first set of poems are Haiku. Yes, the plural of "haiku" is "haiku." Haiku are poems about nature and such. Some of these may crossover into the "senryu" style poems. Senryu poems are in the same format as haiku but are about human nature instead of the natural world.

Rain drops heavily
standing alone soaking wet
got stood up again

-----------------------------------------

February ends
snow melts uncovering grass
warm weather will come

------------------------------------------

Short days dominate
old children in snowball fights
winter vacation

-------------------------------------------

New day sun rises
blank paper and pen on desk
first poem this year

-------------------------------------------

Colored leaves will fall
don’t want to be in class now
only the first day


The second set of poems are cinquain poems. Cinquain poems go 2-4-6-8-2 syllables per line.


Writer’s Block

I can’t
figure out why
writer’s block got me down.
Still not sure what to write about.
I’m screwed.


I Hate Saying Sorry

I hate
saying sorry.
It wasn’t my damn fault.
He was the one who did you wrong.
Not me.


Girl On The Roof

She’s the
girl on a roof.
Staring up at the stars
wishing for her dreams to come true.
They won’t.


That's it for now, more to come sometime soon.

No comments: