Friday, May 11, 2007

It's Al Come Down To This

Post #365---feels like there have been many more than this...well there is that other site---which I might quit with but who knows.

Anyway, it's all come down to this. Finals week at SIU. 5 days that define about 120 days of knowledge. Doesn't seem fair, but that's college life. You know what else isn't fair--bookstore buy back policies. The university and the bookstores around campus are making a KILLING in this industry---not to mention the parent companies that put these book packages together. It's so not fair to the students....or in my case my parents who pay for the books. $300 worth of books shouldn't give me a return of $32.50. That is wrong on SO MANY LEVELS!

Anyway, back on topic.

This roller coaster semester, heck, this roller coaster year will end sometime around 9:50 a.m. CDT when I get out of my MCMA 201 final. Not too long after that, I'll be on my way home for sweet home Chicago.

This semester has really been a learning experience. This school year has been an experience in itself. I dont have time to do a Semester Review right now because I have that final to go to at 7:50 a.m. but I will hopefully get to it sometime next week.

All I know is that as of right now I have an 'A' in my poetry class and a 'B' in my Psyc 102 class. I need a 40/60 to get a 'C' in my MCMA 201 class and my JRNL 310 and POLS 352-I classes are up in the air as of right now. Again, I'll learn my fate soon enough.

I'll close on this note. If all goes as planned (which I know it never does, but bear with me). If all goes as plan, I will have no grade lower than a C. Doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment, but for the last year and a half I've been in an absolute rut. Readers of the blog know why, so there's no need to get into that right now.

As of right now, this is the best I've felt about my educational progress in a loooong time. As for my personal life, it could be better of course---and I hope to improve it somehow, someway.

Again, I'll get into that in another blog.

I just needed a few minutes to vent before I go to bed in Carbondale for the last time 'til---well---I dunno.

Wish me luck!

No comments: