Friday, January 07, 2005

Things to Look Forward to in 2005

There's a bunch of shit I'm looking forward to next year. First off, a new semester. Thats gonna mean a lotta fresh starts in several areas for me. I'll be on my own in my own room potentially. Then I can refocus my scrambled brain back to school and raise the pathetic 2.5 GPA i currently have. Therefore, I'm starting fresh academically, personally and mentally when it comes to school. Then, I can reasses my goals for next semester. School, personal life, drinking, women; all of that will be reorganized in my head when it comes to what is most important in my so called college life. I can hopefully finally figure out what I want for myself. What kinda gal do I want, do I want something long term, short term, no term. I'm one of those kinda guys. I don't know what I want, and there are certain situations i cannot see myself in, but I want something. But enough about me. 2005 means another exciting year of Cubs baseball. Hope spring eternal and 97 years later, another team looks to make history and looks to be world chamipion for the first time since 1908. And once again Cub fans should be excited, I sure am, for one reason and one reason only, they aren't expected to do anything. They weren't expected to do anything in 03 and they were 5 outs away from an NL championship. They were expected to win it all in 2004, and they choked under pressure. Without pressure this year, I'll start off my goals reasonable with a playoff birth and we'll work from there. In other sports, we'll have my favorite non-baseball sporting event the NCAA Tournament starring my two fave squads North Carolina and hopefully SIUC. Oh yeah, and the NFL Draft in April, got the Bears drafting fourth this year, that means a good player. Musically, 2005 looks like music will be bringing the heat. New albums from Kanye West, 50 Cent, The Game, Dr. Dre and 2 Outkast albums. Big Boi will be releasing his true solo debut and the dynamic duo of Andre 3000 and Big Boi will be together again looking to recapture the old sound. J. Lo is coming out with a new album, and you know that means nothing but gratuitous ass shots. I'm not complaining, me likey! Paris Hilton's coming out with a new album too. That just means more shots in the mouth for her. LoL--what i speaketh the truth. Then will come summer, and I can guarantee only one thing for the summer...ITS GONNA BE HOT!

No comments: