Tuesday, May 03, 2005

May 3rd, 12:52am

It's the third of the month, meaning only 10 days left in Carbondale. And it hits me, no more SIU until next August. Three (almost four) months of being in The City again. I miss The City so much and everything that comes with being in The City. Playing pool for free all night and all morning. Playing X Box, driving my car, seeing my friends and family, I will be able to do all that once again. And I could visit friends that are still in school, but extra learning might hurt my head. So, I'm kinda lookin forward to this summer. I'd like to get back to work, you know making money and shit like that will definetly make me happy again. Hopefully I could lose some weight too. That'd be nice, with the summer heat I could sweat off some pounds. Maybe I could ride a bike or do some walking or something. Anything to lose a couple of pounds. But honestly, I'm going to miss Carbondale. Okay, I won't miss the fire alarms at the most ungodly hours of the day and night. Or the random smell of pot creeping through the door. Or being awakened at 3 am cuz my suitemate wants to blast happy pop-shit music after a night of drinking. Or the fees floor 14 had to pay because of other peoples' idiocy. But I already miss the Cherry Pit, Red Light and getting crunk. I'll also miss getting so wasted to a point where I leave my roommate drunken appreciation notes, drunk dialing every female on my phone that isn't a family member, and drinking to get over the worst moments of my freshman year. I will also miss ordering Jimmy Johns at 3 am, walking into Don Taco at 1 am, and being written up at midnight because me and hoos were singing. I'll miss starting my homework at midnight, finishing papers at 4 am, and studying.......I won't miss walking to class (especially in the blazing heat and/or in the pouring rain.)
But one I will miss is my friends. Including Kristin's random comments, Steve's country sense, figuring out what to wear between jerseys and button ups when going to Cherry Pit when going with Gabe, Keith, Donall and Ethun. I'll even miss Marcus giving me shit about my girls. I'll miss coming home drunk, waiting for the drunks to come home, and the aftermath after people smoking that wacky tobbacky. I'll miss waking up and trying to piece together the night, morning chats with the guys and all that fun stuff, oh and writing on my blog about it. I'll miss late night chats with my roommate over the stupidest things, sharing music, downloading music illegally, writing poetry because I'm pissed, freestyling when I'm drunk, etc. I'll miss drinking in the dorms with my friends, miscounting the number of shots of cheap whiskey that wasn't mine, getting drunk before leaving the dorms, and going out, gettind drunk, coming back, then leaving again to get even more drunk. I'm gonna miss watching important sports games with the guys down here on two TVs. Cubs-Cards just won't be the same in a city dominated by Cubs fans, I love when the town has its opinion torn.
So basically, I've just come to the realization that this is the end, for this year at least. This is the end of something that began last June with orientation and really kicked off in August with the week of welcome. When I was that kind of shy, kind of intreagued, fresh face struggling with the fact that I was alone now. That I had to make my own decisions. I had to do things that weren't asked of me before. But I've done them, well most of them. I remember in the beginning of the year where everybody got along. And as the year went along, I'll always remember how common aquaintances broke down. I'll never forget about the dramas, the busts and all that other stuff. Well, I'm getting kicked off of my roommates computer. So I'll leave with one memory: remember when we all had money the first month and were spending big money on drinks for the cute girls that are now your friends. Splitting large pizzas among a buncha people. Now, we're offering a couple of bucks for a slice of pizza and scrapping for five bucks to get into Cherry Pit just to drink pisswater beer. Oh, the life and times of SIU Lou, soon to be former freshman.

No comments: