Thursday, March 30, 2006

I suppose...

I suppose that since I haven't been in a completely depressed mood lately is the main reason I haven't blogged in a few days. Combine that with me being tired and not wanting to write long, late night blogs then I don't blog, simple as that. I'm looking forward to this weekend. I'm not looking forward to my test Friday in Geography which is a major test for me so I will be studying majorly tomorrow after I clean and shit. But back to the weekend I'm totally looking forward to it. Friday I might go out, no drinking of course, instead go out to be sociable. Saturday is the dance, and though I'm still a bit nervous I'm still hoping for the best. I'm hoping things work out, so does the rest of the floor. Don't get me wrong I'm going into this as "friends only" and just as a "friend date" but other people go out as friends and then as I like to say "boom goes the dynamite." So I'll take the Dusty Baker approach of "Why not us?" and apply it to myself. Why not Lu? Why not this weekend? I'm not looking to get laid or anything, I'm just looking to this weekend as the rebirth of my future relationships with girls. Actually knowing what I know about my date, there's no pressure to have sex at all. To some, this dance has been dismissed as just homecoming or prom for college students. Yes in principle, however there's no pressure here for me to get laid from my goofball friends so this could probably lead to more of a relaxed attitude an environment for me.
Beyond that, I'm all good. Since I've given up drinking I have felt absolutely completely better about myself. I honestly feel more healthy and I just feel more complete as a person. Yes I still believe that I need to be completely wasted to have fun in Carbondale, however if you're healthy and happy you don't need booze to make things weird.
I can't believe it's Wednesday night/Thursday morning. The dance is only days away!!!!! I'm so excited. Oh my!!!! Seriously, as of now, if I could solve my women problems and if Wood and Prior could solve their arm problems, I'd probably be the happiest I've ever been, well at least sine 2003 when Prior and Wood didn't have arm problems (well until games 6 and 7 of the NLCS.)
Good night from Carbondale. Looks like good times are in my future. But trust me I won't get my hopes up. I'll be cautiously optimistic.

No comments: