Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Stretch Run

Well folks things are coming to an end as I speak. No, nothing drastic tonight. Keeping it simple, lent ends Sunday with Easter. As much as I'm looking forward to this I've been quite reflective about lent as a whole. Of all of my friends, I've been the only one to keep their lent promise which I'm quite proud of. And honestly I have felt a lot better about myself and I've felt as healthy as ever since I've quit drinking. I really don't want to blow what I've built over one drunken night because I fear that it might set me back. I am not ruling out social drinking or casual drinking, though I would like to rule out drinking to get drunk and drinking my problems away, because upon further review it doesn't work. Also, I've learned to live without dark soda pop like Pepsi and Coke. I've gone to fruit juices (fruit punch, lemonade, OJ and apple juice) which is really good, that is something I might just keep up. I'll be honest, there have been times in which I've wanted an ice-cold Pepsi, but I've been good. We'll see how things turn out. I think I might have another "Fat Tuesday" in which I gorge myself in the things I've missed out on during the last 40 days and 40 nights and then go without that stuff again.
The other thing coming to an end is the school year. According to my math (which isn't good at all), I have 28 days of school left. My last final is on May 11th. It sucks because I have 3 on that Monday and they are all close to each other, and that TOTALLY SUCKS!!!! I just want this school year to be over. Another way to look at it: 28 days to get laid or else I will be the 20 year old virgin. It's an interesting and twisted way to look at the end of the school year. We'll see how things go down.
So much on my mind, yet I want to pull back from tonight's blog and go to sleep and do some more reflecting.
So good night from Carbondale. Hopefully better days, and nights are ahead!!!!

No comments: