Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Lu Posts On: "White Sox Envy Syndrome", The Maury Show, New Years, The Drex Show, etc.

Ahhh, long time no post. Well, not really, but it's been a while since I've posted with something of substance....I use the word "substance" loosely knowing that the stuff I write here randomly is basically crap. Anywhoo, it ain't gonna stop me from a classic blog of randomness.
  • NEW YEAR'S EVE: Between celebrating NYE and V-Day, the winter season is chock-full of "holidays" I'd rather not celebrate. I'm not a fan of NYE b/c I've never gotten the "first kiss of the New Year" and I'll be honest, it bugs me. Also there's just so much hype and stuff surrounding it. Personally, I'd rather just go to bed at midnight, but that's my personal preference and it was what I was gonna do at one point b/c my cousin was gonna go to a Wrigleyville bar with his g/f and crew to ring in the New Year until I reminded him that he said he'd hang w/me for NYE if I stayed in town instead of heading to C-Dale for the SIU/Wichita State game that would be played on New Year's Day. So instead, a get-together at the crib Sunday, coupled with the Bears-Packers Sunday Night game could add up to an interesting New Year's celebration. Still, the "first kiss of the New Year" is probably not forthcoming. I guess here is where I insert the punchline "my first kiss of the New Year was my last...." but I won't.
  • The Maury Show: I love the Maury show, and why wouldn't I? How can you not love a show that gives you a free paternity test and a free trip to New York for being a whore and not knowing which one of 19 men is your baby's daddy. Or a show that sends misbehaving kids to bootcamp or to local prisons. Recently there was a classic Maury episode in which a 16 year old girl wanted to have a baby and she's been having unprotected sex with what she says at least 300 partners. What got me wasn't that...it was when she stated her life goals as the following "I want to drop out of school, have a kid and be on Girls Gone Wild" prompting this response from me "You've set the bar pretty high there young lady." Still, the paternity test episodes steal the show. And to be honest there should be no point of this show anymore. Seriously, you would think that people have seen this show enough not to try to be on it. I love it when the guests say "Maury I love the show." Obviously you don't because if you did you would've thought twice about sleeping with 18 other dudes besides ur bf/husband/fiancee, etc.....
  • The Drex Show: The Drex Morning show is the best morning show on the radio, hands down. It wipes the floor with anything Carbondale has to offer, it's why I stream it live every morning before I go to class. Even the re-runs are great. Today's re-run had the topic "I'm jealous of my hot teenage daughter/my mom's jealous of my hot teenage self." It was classic, mothers were calling in about their daughters getting so much attention from boys and that boys didn't look that good when they were that age and that they wish they would've gotten that attention back then. Then there were the uber-cocky girls that were portraying their promiscuous ways that had their mothers jealous. It was cool until a 13....yes....13 year old girl called in talking about how her 35-year old mother would flirt with her boyfriends and wear her clothes which sparked another topic...."dating my teenage daughter" prompting another classic Lu quote "I'm not going to have a daughter and if I do one of two things is happening: I'm either leaving her on a mountain side or she's being homeschooled....and this ain't communist China so homeschooling it is." I'd hate to have a daughter because I know I'll be super-controlling and ultra-cautious with her. But it's not for the wrong reasons, I know too many heartbreaks out there that would have me in jail after what I would do to them if they broke my sweet daughters heart.
  • WHITE SOX ENVY SYNDROME: "White Sox Envy" was a term coined by hosts and callers on 670 The Score (WSCR 670 AM) in Chicago after the White Sox won the World Series in 2005 in reference to jealous Cub fans. So what does this have to do with anything, well I might need to check in to a doctor because I have symptoms of WSES...or simply known as envy. Green isn't a good color on me....actually it is when it comes to clothes....but when it comes to jealousy and envy, not so much. I was never an envious or jealous person before I came to SIU, I'll say that right now. But really I'm envious of several people and of course it's magnified in the holiday season and will once again be magnafied on Valentine's Day. Seems that my old roommates are one-upping me in the game of love (insert memory of the song by Michelle Branch and Carlos Santana.) My most recent ex-roommate's ordeal was documented in previous blogs this year, but the shocker is my original roommate. My original roomie left SIU after 1 semester and didn't complete 2nd semester at community college which lead him to go to the National Guard. Now (actually I learned of this last Monday while on the train) I've come to learn that he is now engaged! *Sighs* It'd be an understatement to say that I'm shocked by this all, I never thought I'd see the day that he was engaged before I....or any other one of the group that has hung out since high school. But hey, I guess that's how you gotta do it. Find someone that can take your sh*t and lock 'em up....something I've failed to do. You can argue that I've had my chances and have blown them, I'd agree completely. Time to move on, heck it's been time to move on....can't help to think though, what coulda been. So now I sit here envious of my two ex-roommates, one of my current roommates and potentially another one of my roomie's if things play out in real life the way they play out in my mind. If that's the case, it could be an ugly Valentine's Day in my room. DAMN VALENTINE'S DAY BEING ON A WEDNESDAY!!!! But that's another post for another day.

No comments: