Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday's Off The Wall "Almost" Special Edition

Happy Friday everyone! I hope everyone has survived this week, I know I have (barely.) Folks, I was this close to making this blog "Friday's Off The Wall MVC Champions Edition" but decided not to. I might post one Saturday, making it truly a special edition. I love the Dawgs, they are one of the few things that brings me absolute joy when I'm in Carbondale. Anyway, enough with the chit-chat, I got some good stories this week.
  • From the Why Do I Care? department, A-list celebs ditched Paris Hilton's b-day bash to go to the 40th birthday party for Untitled Entertainment founder Jason Weinberg's party. I don't know Jason Weinberg and I wish I didn't know who Paris Hilton are. In fact, this really isn't a big story. No one should really like Paris, she's famous for being famous and that's all she'll ever be. That, and a whore. Not the greatest things to be. Still, the party ended up being "special" with a report that Hilton was playing with a monkey in a room with a midget band leading a herd of goats. Personally, I hope they weren't Billy Goats.
  • Headline writers, you either love 'em or you hate 'em, it's as simple as that. Sunday night while checking out AOL.com, I saw a headline saying "Asteroid Speeding Toward Earth." As my heart jumped and flashes of the movie Armegeddon and Aerosmith's "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" played in my head, I clicked the link and read the entire article. I guess it's why they say don't judge a book by its cover. Astronomers are monitoring an asteroid named Apophis, which has a 1 in 45,000 chance of hitting Earth on April 13, 2036. 2036....I won't even be 50.....and in April too? Is this really necessary. Knowing my luck and the luck of Cubdom as a whole, the Cubs will be working on 128 years of futility and the 2036 Cubs will be the best team they've fielded since the 2007 team and would be the odds on favorite to win the World Series. Someone better go take care of that damn asteroid or else I have to start confessing my love in an attempt to get married before the asteroid hits. Though come to think about it, that'd make a great movie. The 50 Year-Old Dude That's Trying To Get Married Before The Asteroid Hits.....just a working title for starters.
  • This is a nice little story about a mutated duck named Stumpy. I had a teacher we nicknamed Stumpy in high school, definitely not as adorable as the duck. A four-legged duck found 95 miles south of London, that's special...it really is.
  • And finally, a very sad story to close out Friday's Four Stories. A big rig on Texas' Interstate 10 (don't I get a special phone call from a certain young lady when she's on the I-10???) crashed and caught on fire, destroying all of the Nestle Chocolate Bars it was transporting in the process. That's sad, heck that's depressing. I'm sorry, we're talking chocolate here and that's totally NOT COOL TO DESTROY CHOCOLATE! That driver should have been much more careful.
FRIDAY'S FIVE SONGS. Five songs on my I-Pod that I think are really good.
  1. The Second Coming by Juelz Santana (Produced/Featuring Just Blaze)
  2. Give It To Me by Timbaland featuring Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake
  3. The Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani featuring Akon
  4. Gravity by John Mayer
  5. Woozy by Ludacris featuring R. Kelly
FRIDAY'S FIVE, Classic Old School Edition
  1. She Used To Be My Girl by The O'Jays
  2. Isn't She Lovely? by Stevie Wonder
  3. You Really Got A Hold On Me by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
  4. I Wanna Get Next To You by Rose Royce
  5. Could It Be I'm Falling In Love? by The Stylistics

No comments: