Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ahhh, Relaxation

*Sighs* I'll make this quick and painless. I wonder sometimes. I wonder "What If..." I love the "What if..." game. I can play it all day. I remember how WSCR host Mike Murphy has a "What If..." bell whenever someone says "what if..." Heck, even I picked it up when someone says "What If..." under my breath I mutter *ding*ding* what if...ha! Cracks me up everytime.
But I'm not here to talk about the Murph show or the 'What if bell,' instead I'm here to talk about my own 'what if' situation. Sometimes I feel like everyday is a what if situation. What if I had said this? What if I had said that? What if I had not done what I did? What if I did things differently? Personally, unless it is for entertainment purposes, I don't like the What If game because it leaves a lot open for the imagination.
Sometimes I wonder what would have happened had I stayed home for school? Would things be better? worse? the same? What would have happened had I gone to another university? What would have happened had I applied myself earlier and gone to the University of North Carolina where they're journalism school is great too and talk about an absolute fresh start that would have been. What if I had approached things when I got here to Southern? What if I had a different roomie? What if my original roomie had not dropped out?
There's just so many what ifs out there, and to think, I left out all the 'What ifs' that had to do with girls because that my friends is a laundry list.
So why this blog? Why tonight? Because I don't want to live with regret anymore. See this as a public service announcement. If you want something, get it. Go balls out, don't regret it. Even if you fall flat you'll never know what would have happened had you not tried.
Learn from me. I am my own worst enemy. I am my own harshest critic. Do as I say, not as I do.

No comments: