Friday, January 12, 2007

And For My 300th Post

I'd like to try something new. It's a bit of an adaptation from blogs that I read that I thought I'd like to try myself. See, the way I see it, I don't have enough fun with the blog and I'm not happy enough. So this is the new deal. Friday's a free blog. I'll call it "Lu's Friday Off The Wall Blog." In the Off The Wall Blog (OTW from now on) I'll cover 4 things whether they're news stories, rumors, opinions....whatever is hot and in my mind. In addition to that I'll have my Friday Fave Five which will be 5 songs (5 new school, 5 old school) that I'm really into. So here goes nothing.

THE FRIDAY FOUR: TOPICS
  • UNC IS #1. That's not breaking news to anyone, they are the number one team in men's college basketball. However what does count as breaking news is from Kiplinger.com's Top 100 Public Universities where the University of North Carolina @ Chapel Hill ranks number one in the entire nation! Ahh, what could've been. I could've gone to UNC where they did win a National Championship my freshman year, and wouldn't that have been something? Affordable (only $20,000 a year after Financial Aid) I wonder why I didn't go there in the first place. Do offense to SIU, I love you dearly, but you're talking about one of the most prestigious public universities in the country. Imagine the stuff I could've avoided by going to UNC. I can't help but think what could've been. Sighs, oh well....who says I can't transfer?
  • Interesting news from overseas. China will have 30 million more men of marriageable age than women in less than 15 years as a gender imbalance resulting from the country's tough one-child policy becomes more pronounced, state media reported Friday....The tens of millions of men who will not be able to find a wife could also lead to social instability problems, the China Daily said in a front-page report.....China imposed strict population controls in the 1970s to limit growth of its huge population, but one side effect has been a jump in gender selection of babies. Traditional preferences for a son mean some women abort their baby if an early term sonogram shows it is a girl. Look, I have enough working against me in this country. All I need is competition from overseas from guys who are obviously desperate for women; and they're geniuses to boot! But hey, I thought I had it bad. Looks like I gotta refine my game.
  • According to ESPN.com, Dodger stadium is ousting their $10 seats in the right field corner to put an all you can eat section. Sounds interesting, I'd be willing to pay $40 a seat for all you can eat Dodger Dogs. I'd be willing to do so. What inspired this you ask. The success it's become in St. Louis' Busch Stadium. All you can eat at Busch...that explains a lot to me about Creepy Cardinal Nation. (Okay, that was my jab at the Cards tonight....don't kill me!)
  • Barry Bonds tests positive for amphetamines according to reports. I'm not surprised. What else doesn't surprise me, he snitched on his teammate Mark Sweeney who Bonds said gave him some type of supplement and that's what he tested positive for. Not only is he a liar, not only is he a cheater, but he's a snitch too. There's your Greatest Player Of This Generation argument right out the window!
THE FRIDAY FIVE MIX (NEW SCHOOL)
  1. Black Republican by Nas (featuring Jay-Z)
  2. Cupid's Chokehold by Gym Class Heroes
  3. Gallery by Mario Vazquez
  4. Irreplaceable by Beyonce
  5. Hate (I Really Don't Like You) by Plain White T's
THE FRIDAY FIVE MIX (OLD SCHOOL)
  1. Ain't That A Kick In The Head by Dean Martin
  2. Friday, I'm In Love by The Cure
  3. Now That We Found Love by Heavy D & The Boyz
  4. Bust A Move by Young MC
  5. Regulators by Warren G

No comments: