Monday, January 08, 2007

Winter Vacation Round-Up

There is nothing like killing time by blogging, I'll tell ya that right now! Since there's nothing better to do and there's no one at the apartment, what better time than now than to blog about my Winter Vacation.

It was a good vacation, nothing spectacular though. There were no road trips or kisses under the mistletoe and my first kiss of the New Year is still to be determined, but I'll say that this was a fun vacation. Granted, my parents and I spent a majority of my vacation at odds with each other for one reason or another, but hey it happens, right?

The highlights of my vacation included the Christmas and New Years Eve parties. Sure, the Bears stunk it up on the field, but that didn't stop us from having fun in the basement and partying 'til beyond 5 A.M. Christmas was awesome, as usual. I got a lot of nice things including some jerseys (Rex Grossman and Ben Gordon), a new razor that will hopefully provide me a closer shave, a really cool Cubs hoodie, a couple of video games and a whole bunch of movies!!! And what I didn't get for Christmas, I budgeted any gift cards and money and bought. I got myself an Alfonso Soriano Cubs jersey which was a must have in my mind! I also picked up the following DVDs: American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile, Accepted, Dogma, Just Friends, The Negotiator and SNAKES ON A PLANE!!!!! I also picked up Nas' CD Hip-Hop Is Dead, a great one if you ask me. Beyond the materialistic good of Christmas I was able to spend time with Grandma, my aunt and my cousins which was totally awesome!!!

The most underrated part of my vacation has to be my Friday nights. My Friday nights in Carbondale were a complete albatross (save the weekend Tony and the gang came down for Christmas) so it should be a surprise to hear that I had 'Happy Friday's' during my vacation. I have Tony and the boys to thank again. Though they feel terrible that I can't go to Merkle's bar with them, they came to my house each Friday after their time at Merkle's and drank with me. It was great! We played pool, Madden and made some drunk phone calls. But they weren't your typical drunk dials, they were drunk singing dials. I'm thinking we shoulda made a greatest hits of songs we sang while we were drunk which included: What Hurts The Most, How I'm Doing, You Ain't Much Fun Since I Quit Drinking, I Got Friends In Low Places, Nobody Knows It But Me and numerous hits from artists like 'N Sync, the Backstreet Boys, Boyz II Men, Barry White and of course Justin Timberlake. Speaking of which, I will be seeing JT in concert in March during spring break which I'm totally lookin' forward to. I'll be looking for a date (more to come in another blog.) Oh yeah, I got JT tix for X-mas too, how was that overlooked? Ooh and a bottle of Hennessey (also not to be overlooked.)

To recap winter break, it's quite simple: Family, Friends, Holidays, Drinking, Partying. Sounds like the recipe for quite a holiday season. ;-)

No comments: