Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Blog Part Two: Rant & Rave

One of my favorite things to do is to randomly rant and rave about anything and everything. Today is no different. So here goes nothing:
  • So the college networking giant "Facebook" has a new look. A 'face' lift if you'd like to think of it that way. They added a bunch of new features such as a mini news feed that tells you things like what groups your friends are joining or quitting or who is saying what to whom, or that your friend is in a relationship or they wrote on that persons wall. When I first found out I was creeped out but intrigued. But the reaction was outrageous. Definite outrage from the facebook community and they protested and even got a letter from the facebook management apologizing. But now more than a week later people are still bitching about it. People, leave it alone. You can easily exit out of "news feeds" that you don't want people to see. And on top of that you are bitching about information that you are voluntarily putting on the internet for everyone to see. Doesn't make much sense to bitch about it does it? So save you breaths, save your typing fingers and bitch about something else...anything else.
  • Turning 21 is a special part in someone's life. However it's the beginning of the end. Yes you can go into Vegas strip clubs and buy your own alcohol but turning 21 comes responsibility. Like helping your friends out when they need a hook up. I vow to make booze runs for my homies that can't when I turn 21. Granted most of my friends will have turned 21 by then or they could have other suppliers, but hey its the thought that counts. Actually I cannot wait til I turn 21. I'll hopefully be in Las Vegas with my friends and parents drinking. As soon as I turn 21. People forget that I'm a completely different person out there. Think about those guys portrayed in those commercials, that's me. The shy quiet guy who Vegas seemingly turns out. My Vegas goals: 1) Get Wasted. 2) Go to the strip club. 3) Get Married by Elvis. 4) Get laid! That's my Vegas plan and I'm stickin' to it. 21 here I come!
  • Musically I've taken some flack recently because of my widening musical tastes. Personally I blame it on coming to SIU and accepting country music as a form of music. I used to hate country music when I was younger. I couldn't stand it. To me it was all about drinking cuz my girl left, my huntin' dog died and I'm out of whiskey. But since I heard Dierks Bentley's "How I'm Doing" I've been loving country music. I've embraced it and some of their songs I can actually apply to my life. It's quite amazing. So you shouldn't be suprised when I tell you that currently my two favorite albums in heavy rotation on my IPOD and ITUNES are Justin Timberlake's "Future Sex/Love Sounds" and Ashley Parker Angel's "Soundtrack to Your Life." Justin's CD is the shit. He's got some kick ass tracks like "SexyBack" which is a song that gets me moving, makes me wanna party and reminds me of the Drex show back home; then there's "My Love" featuring rapper T.I. which has a tight beat some nice crooning by JT and Tip kills the track with his verse at the end. And my current fave, one that makes me want to actually get up and dance is "Chop Me Up" featuring Timbaland and Three Six Mafia. Tim puts down a phat beat and a phat verse and 3-6 gives JT some Memphis, Tennessee love. All in all, a great album in my eyes. Then there's APA (Ashley Parker Angel.) Now recently I've learned somethings about APA. He was part of MTVs group O-Town and he has his own show on MTV (Reality show, duh!) Well I didn't know that when I first heard him do an acoustic version live on the Drex show of a couple of his favorite songs which also happened to be my favorite songs. I can really relate to some of the songs which really appeals to me as a listener. The songs I like: Let U Go (the radio hit but it's awesome), then there's Feel So Alive, Soundtrack to Your Life, CrazyBeautiful and my absolute favorite song right now is A Beautiful Lie which really describes a situation I know a little too well. But it's great, I don't care what anyone says I LOVE IT!!!!
  • Musically speaking part two. I dunno if you've ever seen The Original Kings of Comedy but there's a part where Steve Harvey plays these old school love songs and talks about that where hip hop went wrong was when it stopped writing about love. And the last song he played was Lenny Williams' "Because I Love You." As soon as I heard it I knew that I had found my wedding song. Now usually that's something that the woman is left with that decision on what songs are played. But if Lenny Williams' "Because I Love You" is not played at my wedding, I just might cry and get a divorce. Seriously that's probably THE GREATEST LOVE SONG OF ALL TIME. And once again there's a strict distinction between slow songs and love songs. But that's a different conversation for a different day. But yeah "Because I Love You" and "Unchained Melody" two songs that will be played at my wedding. Along with The Electric and Cha-Cha Slides, Take Me Out To The Ball Game (performed by Harry Caray), My Endless Love....one day I'm gonna make a top 10 list of songs that MUST be played at my wedding. At the end of this blog I'll post the lyrics to "Because I Love You" and you can't tell me Lenny didn't mean it!
  • Finding peace. Let's just say since it didn't last long, that moment of clarity, I won't give it much more of the time of day. Let's just hope things work out well for the sake of all of the parties who are involved.

Lenny Williams, Because I Love You (AKA The Greatest Love Song of All-Time)

http://www.lyricsondemand.com/l/lennywilliamslyrics/causeiloveyoulyrics.html

That's the site cuz blogger's not letting me paste the lyrics for some reason. GREATEST LOVE SONG EVER! Download it if you get a chance!

No comments: