Monday, September 11, 2006

I'll Be Nice In This Blog

Despite feelings of rage, depression, anxiety, disappointment and a general feeling of unhappiness, I'll repress all of those just to put a happy spin on today. And really, if not for the Bears today and Fox's awesome scheduling of The Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy & The War at Home there wouldn't be much to smile about tonight. Though I will say I had a pretty successful cooking day.
NEWS OF THE DAY
The news of the day of course is the Bears 26-0 romp of the Packers in Lambeau. In short, the Bears looked like a team on a mission. Unlike the other "contenders" like Seattle (9-6 winners over DET), Carolina (20-6 losers against the Mike Vick show), Tampa (27-0 losers at home to the Ravens)...the only other "contenders" that looked relatively good were the Giants (I still don't think they have enough 'D') and Dallas (who will eventually crumble) both were losers today. This is the year baby, BEARS ON A MISSION!!! 1 down, 19 to go!!!! Go Bears, gimme a reason to go to Florida.
But yeah besides that this weekend was a total suckfest! I leave you all with this. Current listening: Dammitt, Blink 182

It's alright / to tell me / what you think / about me I won't try / to argue / or hold it / against you I know that / you're leaving / you must have / your reasons The season / is calling /your pictures / are falling downThe steps that / I retrace / the sad look / on your face The timing / and structure / did you hear / he fucked her? A day late / a buck short / I'm writing / the report On losing / and failing / when I move / I'm flailing nowAnd it's happened once again I'll turn to a friend Someone that understands see's through the master planBut everybody's gone And I've been here for too long To face this on my own Well I guess this is growing upWell I guess this is growing upAnd maybe / I'll see you / at a movie / sneak preview You'll show up / and walk by / on the arm / of that guy And I'll smile / and you'll wave / we'll pretend / it's okay The charade / it won't last / when he's gone / I won't come backAnd it'll happen once again You'll turn to a friend Someone that understands see's through the master planBut everybody's gone And you've been there for too long To face this on your own Well I guess this is growing upWell, I guess this is growing up [5x]

No comments: