Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The Countdown Begins

In the words of the great Bone Thugs and Harmony "It's the first of the month." Well, now its not just the first of any month, its the first day of the second month. The first day of the shortest month of the year. It's the first day of February. Now you can officially begin counting down the days until Valentine's Day. Since I was young I have devalued, defaced and boycotted Valentine's Day and this year will most likely be no exception. Barring some Boston Red Sox type miracle I will be doing the same thing I've been doing all of my life for Valentine's Day: hoping for candy and hoping for the best while boycotting the day. In addition, I plan to get drunk. Unneccessarily drunk. More than crunk drunk. So drunk that I forget my own name. So drunk that I need to be assisted home. So drunk, it will make my former roommate look like a lightweight. Why? Because I hate Valentine's Day and I hate what it stands for. It stands for materialism and the joys brought not by love (its original intent) but the material goods that buy love. When I was younger, I never had those material goods nor the money to buy them. I was never really the best looking either so I really didn't get much love on Valentine's day. Combined with the fact that most of my friends already had gotten theirs and my past V-Day failures all adds up to a massive hatred for Valentine's Day. So, to recap for everyone, I will be unnecissarily fucked up on Valentine's day and will be counting down the days and the events and my feelings until that day comes and goes. Who knows, maybe I'll stumble and find me some...doubt it though. 13 days tiil Valentine's Day!

No comments: