Monday, February 07, 2005

Monday Morning Mayhem

It's 2:34 and I just finished my english paper rough draft. You're probably wondering why I waited for so long to do it. First of all, it was assigned on Friday. Why didn't I work on it Friday? I don't do anything Friday except laundry and go out. I didn't go out because of my illness that is currently pissing me off because I've now got a sore throat. So, I spent my Friday night in, chillin, playin X Box, watching TV and listening to music. Saturday, I slept til noon, like I usually do, played X Box and spent my night writing on my blog, wallowing in my own misery and doing laundry. I spent Saturday night/Sunday morning taking care of the drunks that came in that night. Sunday, was Super Bowl Sunday, nothing gets done until after the game. Great game, but of course my team lost. Philly played like crap. After the 1st interception, I called that those lack of points was gonna cost them. It did, they lost by 3. The least they would've gotten is a field goal if not for the INT. It's funny, cuz we did the ESPN NFL 2K5 simulation and we got the same 24-21 score with McNabb throwing for over 300 yards with 3 interceptions. T.O. also had 9 catches for 100 yards in both games. And in both games, an Adam Vinatieri field goal in the middle of the fourth quarter sealed the game. Both games ended on a Rodney Harrison INT. Wow, that was a really good simulation. Only difference is that in the simulation, David Akers, Philly's kicker missed three 40 yard field goals. Akers didn't attempt one during this game. Congrats to the Pats though, the first dynasty of this century. Granted I hate them, but you gotta give credit where credit is due. However, MAD props to my favorite receiver in the NFL, Terrell Owens, who proved that he was able to play and if not for him, that game wouldn't have even been close. T.O. is the man, and as soon as I get the money, I'm buying a T.O. jersey. No doubt. This game proved one thing to me as a Bears fan...THEY'VE GOT A LOT OF WORK TO DO! No consistent running game, no offensive line, a quarterback who has only played in 3 full games entering his third year, a receiving squad full of #3 receivers and an irrelavent tight end. Bears fans, if we win 8 games next year, consider it a feat.
Valentine's Update
7 days until Valentine's Day. It's funny, because everyone has an idea for me. Louie should do this or Louie should do that. It's all a blur to me. I don't know what I should do if anythign at all. You know my stance, I don't want to do anything that jeopordize any friendships, I don't want to do anything that would make me look like more of an idiot than I already am and I don't want to go out with anyone "just as friends." I'm kinda tired of that. Being "just friends" with a girl can only go on for so long. And once again, I see the girls in situations around me, and I look at myself and I say to myself, "I could be a good guy for them in all of these situations." But it seems that girls lvoe to be in drama filled situations, and I'm not a drama guy at all. Just for once, I wish I could step up, be smooth, sweep one of these gals of their feet and get the god damned monkey off my back. We'll see. But that won't happen, you know why, it's very simple. Whenever I talk to a girl and she has something to say about me it is usually one of the following statements. "You speak so well." "You're such a great friend." "You're so well spoken." "You're such a nice guy." "You'll make a girl very happy one day." First of all, what the fuck did you expect me to sound like. Yes, I know, I'm tanned and when I don't shave for a week I look like a caveman/terrorist, but damn, I made it to college somehow, and it wasn't because I speak bustdown english. I'm no fuckin' border hopper, so throw that out the window. Secondly, great friend/nice guy, once again, what did you expect. Not all of us Puerto Ricans are loud, obnoxious violent assholes. Me, I'm loud, sometimes. Obnoxious, arrogant, confident...proud is a much better description. Violent, not at all, I must be really pissed to raise my voice. I do not typify your stereotypical Puerto Rican...ain't I great. My favorite is the "you'll make some girl very happy one day." Some girl, what some random girl. I can do that everyday by buying some random broad something superficial, they'll be happy. I can make a girl who doesn't get any guys to talk to her happy by actually talking to her. I can make really hot girls very happy by not even approaching them, saving their time and mines. So yeah, I can make girls happy. Now, the true meaning to that statement, that's gotta mean a long term relationship, that I'll make a girl happy in a long term relationship. I am a virgin, now I have my doubts sometimes, will I ever shed that label. Hell, my biggest fear is not terrorists or the southside of Chicago, my fear (well, when it comes to my women relations) is that I will be one and done. Meaning, I'll get with one girl and that'll be the one I marry. Now, if I know that's the one, like I have an idea of who I'd like that to be, that's cool. But I doubt that will happen. I wanna test the waters, I want to check the market before I put all my eggs in one basket. There are 4 to 5 girls that if right now this second called me and said "Let's Get Married" I would have no regrets being one and done. They're either in relationships or are looking elsewhere now. We'll see. Who knows, I got 3 years of college, at least, left in me. However, there have been a lot of expectations of me and for me when I went down here. There is one that is sticking in my head and won't escape me. "If you don't get laid in Carbondale, you will never get laid." My roommate didn't get laid, came close but couldn't seal the deal. Me, I've gone nowhere. The coach called me in from the stands to hit a pinch-hit single. I found myself woke up in some random girls room in another building, but nothing since that November night. That's a lotta pressure, intended or not, that quote just haunts me every time I go out. It's like the damned goat. I swear, I just might sacrifice me a goat before this baseball season starts and say to hell with it and just nail some random chick. But that will be giving in, and that's not me. It's not who I am to just nail some random girl at a party and never talk to her again. Is that college? Yes. Is that the way the ball bounces sometimes? Yes. Do I have a problem with one night stands? No. But that damned conscience of mines sometimes won't shut up and keeps me up all night. Asshole! Well, it's 3:09 am and I have class at 10 am. I gotta catch some ZZZZs. Holla at me at the other side of this commercial break. To update, 7 days til Valentine's Day, and there's a lotta shit on my platter. Oh for some Fannie May chocolate. MMMMM!

No comments: