Monday, January 30, 2006

Sunday's Sizzling Thoughts

Happy Sunday! You know, I don't know why I just wrote that. Sunday's aren't generally happy because the weekend comes to an end and the school week comes to a start and wow, Friday looks so far away. I've been making it through the weeks by taking it one day at a time. I guess it's worked out good because I've been a little more relaxed (well at least when it comes to school work) and I am seemingly more focused. So yeah, today was relevantly uneventful. Though we did see a friend of ours commit a self indictment of being a whore on at least six occasions. I kinda feel bad, but I kinda don't. Women are the root of evil, and they know that.

So since nothing really happened today I guess I can begin revealing my plan for Valentine's in a segment I call "Upon Further Review." So, a while ago I had posted that I wasn't going to revert to old habits and get completely wasted on Valentine's Day. My original plans included cooking myself dinner and desert and enjoying a day that I generally don't. Well folks, "Upon Further Review" I have decided to overturn my decision and go with getting completely wasted. I've already had it up to hear *motions to throat* with Valentine's Day and what I'm gonna do for her or what i'm gonna do for him or what he's gonna do for me...I'M FUCKING DONE! So this is the idea, more or less the plan. I will cook my food on Tuesday night, it will be Creamy Garlic Shells with chicken and I will make the cheesecake. However, I won't eat it until Tuesday. I have one class on Tuesday and it's politics and I have to go because we have daily quizzes. I'll get up at 9:30, shower at 9:40 and eat breakfast at 10:00. At 11 I will have a drink every half hour. That will leave me with 4 drinks before class which will leave me buzzed. I'll come back from class at 2, turn on Boers and Bernstein because that's what I enjoy more than anything and I will drink continuously until I'm DRUNK! Fuck company, fuck visitors, fuck phone calls and other things. I'll be getting wasted because it's the right thing to do!

RANDOM THOUGHT: As Valentine's Day inches closer each day (by the way 15 days left.) I can't help but think about last years Valentine's Day fiasco. I don't have that problem because every girl I have any feeling for is already in a relationship and drunken confessions of love could only lead to drama and bad things. But I think about last year and I will always say that I will never regret what I said, but I do regret in the way I did it. I let my insecurities get the best of me and that led to a very awkward friendship for the rest of the year and I can't help but wonder what would have happened had I taken a sober and more serious approach to it. I'm not saying we'd be together now (though optimism and wishful thinking has me thinking so) but I just would like to think in a case that if I was sober, she might have taken me seriously. I really liked her, I really did. She was a pure soul, a great person and a real good friend, and generally a good influence. She got me into some new music like Jason Mraz and Jack Johnson. In fact, I listen to Jack Johnson when I go to sleep and it helps me relax and it helps me sleep. In the end, she's someone that will hold a special place in my heart, just because of what happened in the past.

Good night from Carbondale folks. I hope you all have pleasant days ahead of you!

POST NOTICE: I had to add this because yeah, I totally forgot to do it earlier, but it's something worth adding. So I'm channel surfing and I see a big rig driver and his breaking down machine. It caught my eye cuz my dad used to drive those and I'm like wow, that looks really crappy. Well turns out that CMT (Country Music Television) has a NEW ORIGINAL series called Trick My Truck in which a big rig is totally tricked out. Sounds like PIMP MY RIDE TO ME! Something MTV put out their for the urban community. But it's not the first time country folks have taken an urban idea. The origins of "badunkadunk" or "badonkadonk" lie in the urban community. See Chappelle's Show, Twista's song "Badunkadunk" and other urban things. Country folk Trace Adkins takes it and makes a song called "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" and yeah and now country people are gonna try claiming it as theirs. Well let me refrence the Ludacris line "the new phenomenon like white women with ass." Yeah that's right, originality folks, where is it? I thought you country folks couldn't stand rap, yet you're taking ideas from the hip-hop generation and making them your own. Take it as you may but you're just fueling the fires of hip-hop nation. A nation I am proudly a part of.
POST NOTICE 2: Wow, the ideas continue to roll in as I leave. Well, my roommate and I watched 'Fever Pitch' and yeah, that movie reminds me a lot of myself. However so does '40 year old virgin.' So we came to thinking that if we combined 'Virgin' & 'Fever Pitch' you'd have the movie about me. I'll be throwing around ideas for plot and things like that. I'll probably drop some ideas tomorrow.

No comments: